Monday, July 5, 2010

Another day, another morning.


Today is the 5th of July. Sadly, the village fireworks for Independence Day here are scheduled for the 5th, rather than the forth. I think the reason they did that is because the forecast said it was going to rain on the forth(but it didn't). On the topic of fireworks, I researched a little on Wikipedia about what fireworks are and how they're made. Wikipedia has it a bit more specific, though, and the main article on exactly what they're made of is in Pyrotechnic Composition (my what a big word!). Turns out that there is no wizardry or magic involved. All there is is just a tube filled with random chemical stuff such as Cyclotetramethylene Tetranitramine (don't expect me to know that chemistry mumbo-jumbo, I don't). Today, I'm looking forward to a crowded field with lots of tents and inflatable beds, heavily inflated prices on snacks and water, red-white-and blue, and most of all, the fireworks Illinois has to offer in the midst of an economic disaster. My hopes aren't really high on that last one.

EDIT: grammar...

No comments:

Post a Comment